Yes. It’s been an award season here at The Mo-Mo Talk! At least that’s how it seems. I’ve been so happy to receive not one but three different nominations in the past few weeks! I couldn’t be happier though sadly I am obviously not being able to keep pace with these awards as you can see..
The three nominations have been:
Mystery Award for which I’ve been nominated by the wonderful Keya’s World
Blogger Recognition Award which I received from Possess the World
And most recently my dear friend Amber Highlights added the Unique Blogger Award to the mix!
These awards are a great encouragement to me and I appreciate them so very much! However, in terms of not flooding my blog with only award posts – which usually share the same rules as well (so I might end up with nominationg the same people for all three of them all at once) – I’d like to dedicate this one post to the first mentioned – The Mystery Award simply because of what it stands for makes me extra proud:
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
– Okoto Enigma
I of course appreciate all of the awards, but this one is special to me because if I strive to do one thing, it is to inspire and motivate people. The fact somebody sees my blog that way, is the biggest acknowledgement of all. So thanks so much once again Keya!
And in terms of returning the favour, I did want to take extra care in making sure my nominees will be those that capture these values as well. People whose blogs inspire me and motivate me. Blogs that help me to be the better version of myself and that give me the much necessary inspiration when I myself seem to lack it – and therefore also helping me to stay on my blogging journey helping me to inspire more. Or blogs that simply remind me not to take myself too seriously by giving me a much necessary laughs – which is an equally important inspiration.
With that said I’m breaking the rules here a little bit by nominating only 9 instead of 10 blogs since I wanted to nominate those, that I regularly visit and are among my personal favourites and which I feel that truly do add value to my life. So here are my nominees:
- A Life Remastered
- Nomad Weekends
- Actress in Reality
- Uprising Millennials
- With love and a little self-deprecation
- Coffee, Tears & Laughter
- Amber Highlights
- Lily Noova
- She’s Beaming
Congrats guys and thank you for sharing your unique gifts with the world! 🙂
Here are the rules for the Mystery Award should you decide to accept it:
- Name the creator of the award and link their blog.
- Place the award logo or image within your blog post.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog in your post.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Answer your nominator’s questions.
- Nominate 10-20 people.
- Ask your nominees 5 original questions of your choice.
- Share 5 links to your best blog posts.
- Notify each of your nominees by commenting on their blog.
Since I already announced my nominees, I guess it’s time for the 3 things about me, right?
- I LOVE chocolate. Which you probably know by now as well as that my family runs a small chocolate business – yes, yes. We are making chocolates just like in the Chocolat movie – but sadly, without Johnny Depp.
- I’m a dreamer. I spent most of my life being misunderstood and called naive by the people around me – yet, it has never stopped me from dreaming – and taking actions towards my dreams.
- One of my biggest dreams is to be able to travel the world without worrying about money, nor time.
And here are my answers to the questions Keya’s asked me:
Tea or coffee?
Oooh, tough one! I absolutely love coffee but I couldn’t live without tea either.. Tea is an absolute must every morning, that’s how I start my day, while I can do without coffee for a bit.. So I guess the answer is tea…? Nah, that just sounds wrong!
Who is your favorite artist (painter, sculptor, illustrator – no musician please)?
As far as classic painters are concerned I always loved Impressionism (both the original movement and the modern one) and Monet’s paintings. But the greatest artists for me will probably always be the people behind the classic Disney characters – Ollie Johnston and Frank Thomas. Those people gave us the 7 Dwarfs, Bambi and more and to me that’s the most beautiful thing in the world!
Tell me your favorite quote?
Life is short, eat dessert first.
When you could live in a world or universe of your favorite book, film or game – where would you live and why?
I’ve always wanted to live in Rivendell!
Gender equality – are men and women equal today? Or are there things left to reach in your opinion? What is the situation in your country?
Sadly, no. I don’t think they are. But I also think this whole topic is being taken a little too far these days. You can read more on this in my blog post The Women Empowerment in film: Are there any boundaries?
And finally my 5 best posts – I wasn’t sure what the criteria for ‘Best’ posts are, so I decided to simply drop links to the 5 most viewed & discussed posts of my blog so far – besides the one mentioned above they are the following:
- Personal Shopper and why I owe an apology to Kristen Stewart
- A Street Cat Named Bob: When no one offers a helping hand but a cat
- Moana and why you should always listen to your inner voice’s call
- All You Wanted to Know About Me But Were Too Afraid to Ask
- Recharging batteries: How Boho Beautiful changed my life for the better
Here are my 5 questions for the nominees:
- What’s your favourite season and why?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be?
- What’s the first film you remember seeing?
- Who’s your biggest on-screen crush whom you’d love to meet and why?
- What’s your favourite quote?
Congratulations once again to all the nominees and thank you so much for all the awards! It truly does feel like an award season to me and I do appreciate each and every one! 😉