This week I have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Teeshares. For those who don’t know what the award is, I googled it 😀
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers by other bloggers, who are creative, positive, and inspiring and bring sunshine into the lives of their readers and fellow bloggers.
Pretty cool, huh? I’m beyond thrilled to receive this award! When I started blogging I thought if only one person in the whole wide world would read my posts and find some inspiration in them, then my mission is accomplished. Receiving this recognition is therefore beyond my wildest blogging dreams, at least at this stage when I still feel like I’ve only just started! It might not be a big deal, but it is a big deal to me 🙂 and I really really appreciate it.
So… here comes the speech 😀 First of all, thank you so much to Tee for nominating me and acknowledging my writing in this way. And thank you to everyone who read my blogs, who take the precious time out of their day and invest it in my writings. I feel humbled and honored because there are so many other things you could do instead.
Here are the 11 questions the lovely Tee asked me and my answers:
What made you start your blog?
4 reasons actually:
1) I realized writing is what keeps me sane. I might not write for living (yet), but I write to live.
2) I wanted to help bring awareness towards films (especially indies) that are not so well-known but deserve to be seen and talked about.
3) I wanted to inspire people! And share what I have learned along the way.
4) I wanted to show people how to use films as a source of inspiration. Because behind every film, is a story and behind every story is a certain experience or hope. And in every experience lies an inspiration.
What’s your most favourite post you’ve written?
My personal favorite is probably A True Love Story and how it all began.
What are your top 3 hobbies?
Spending time in the kitchen cooking & baking, traveling the world and reading (not mentioning films which are my hobby too, but as that’s pretty obvious and also my profession, I decided to give you another three to make it more interesting 😀 )
If you were to name one person as your favourite person, who would they be AND WHY?
The person I call My Mr. Big. Because he reminded me of who I am and that the only obstacle in my life is myself.
What’s your favourite colour?
If you were to eat one food item for the rest of your life, what would that be?
Who did you look up to growing up, and why?
Hmm. Tough one. Does it have to a be real person or would Michaela Quinn M.D. do? 😀 Ok, let’s be serious – I think my sis. She was the big sis and that alone made her cooler than me.
What’s your biggest wish in life?
To be happy and make everyone around me happy, too.
Do you believe in love at first sight?
I guess so. It never happened to me, but it happened to the people I know.
What are you most proud of in your life?
My three (huge) cats 😀 I never had a cat before and I knew nothing about them when these three came into my life and the fact they are such wonderful, healthy and well-behaved toms now is something I take great pride in.
What’s been your favorite holiday destination so far?
New York City
Now I’m so happy to return the favor and nominate another 11 bloggers for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Here are my nominees:
- When Do I Get The Manual
- A Life Remastered
- Extra Dry Martini
- Thirty on Tap
- Ilka Elise Blog
- Daisy Pages
- Dare to be GREAT
- Just Mom It
- Susie Lindau’s Wild Ride
Congratulations! You bring sunshine into my life and I thank you for it! 🙂
Now, here are my 11 Questions for you nominated bloggers:
- Why did you start to blog and what do you like most about it?
- What’s your biggest goal in life?
- What was the first film you went to see to cinema?
- What’s your favorite film and why?
- Has any film ever inspired you in a way that would make you do some changes in your life or simply provided the much necessary push?
- What’s your favorite guilty pleasure?
- What did you want to be when you grow up?
- What’s your favorite place in the world?
- Who or what is the biggest inspiration in your life and why?
- If you could choose anywhere in the world where would you like to live?
- What does ‘happiness’ mean to you?
And don’t forget the 4 basic rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you (me).
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.